Sunday, June 24, 2007

Certain Prey by John Sandford

My second John Sandford read was another fast-paced adventure. Clara Rinker is a successful hit woman. Carmel Loan is a successful criminal defense lawyer. Carmel has fallen for a married man. Enter Clara, whom Carmel hires to dispense with the wife. One hit leads to another and another and another and another and another and another. (There may be more, but I lost count.) Will they ever clean up the mess they’ve made, or will Lucas Davenport stop them before dying himself . . . of boredom while serving on the Equality Commission?

I hate to say this, but Sandford makes murder sooo satisfying. I loved Clara, despised Carmel. My only problem was that Clara was so smart up to her involvement with Carmel. She got stupid and sloppy with Carmel. Still, the relationship that developed between the two women intrigued me. This Lucas Davenport story centers more on Clara and Carmel than Lucas. Fast-paced and fun. Three out of four bookworms.

No comments: