Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bertie and the Seven Bodies by Peter Lovesey

This has been my “car book” for the last two months. Why did it take me so long to finish it? Because I really didn’t care if I finished it or not. Spoiler!!! The plot is reminiscent of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None, even down to planting a child’s nursery rhyme with the victims. However, Lovesey’s characters are shallow and obnoxious, so I really didn’t care if they all died. In fact, I prayed they would and quickly! Bertie is the Prince of Wales who fancies himself a brilliant detective. When guests at a country shooting party begin dying, he tries to solve the mystery himself and puts everyone at risk by not calling in the proper authorities. If you want to read a good mystery, read or reread And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. Skip Bertie and the Seven Bodies. One out of four bookworms.

4 comments:

Wind Whisperer said...

hi. I just came across your blog. I loved And then there were none!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Me too! I read it years ago, and it still haunts me. I've been thinking of rereading it, something I rarely do.

Anonymous said...

I always have a "public transportation book" that's thin enough to keep in my purse. It's usually not too engrossing, otherwise I'd want to finish it at home instead of save it for the train ride into London.