Monday, January 8, 2007

Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum Series

I’ve only read the first four books in the Stephanie Plum series, but I’m looking forward to the next eight. These books are laugh-out-loud funny. This is another series that I didn’t start with the first book. I started with the fourth, then the third, then the first and second. Don’t do what I did! Start with the first book, One for the Money! Evanovich’s strength is her wacky characters and the equally wacky situations in which they find themselves. The mystery is good, but the characters keep me coming back. Four out of four bookworms for the first four books in the series.

One for the Money
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly
Four to Score


I’ve tried reading some of Evanovich’s other books, as well as a couple penned with her sometime-writing-partner Charlotte Hughes, but none worth recommending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these books too! The last one I read I was laughing so loud Leah had to come in to see if I was okay. I think it was the "torture" scene in book 9 or 10 that set me off.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't often read for enjoyment. I have movies for that. But Julie raved so much about how wonderful these books were that I went to Target and picked the first one up.

It sucked me in right away. It was very entertaining and moved along very quickly. I read it over the weekend. Trust me, this is something that never happens. It ususally takes me at least a month or more to finish a book.

So, now I'm be going to buy another one. Darn it Julie.